December 21 2012 was
NOT End Of The World!
JUST LIKE WE HAVE SAID ALL ALONG
We have also been saying that there is something more fearful
than any end of the world doomsday prediction;
something you DO need to be concerned about
CLICK HERE to find out what that is!
GET READY for something more fearful than any end of the world predictions!
WHY DID SO MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE THE END OF THE WORLD 2012 PREDICTIONS??
We received letters from people who described themselves as freaked out, unable to sleep or eat properly, nervous wrecks, vomiting out of distress and even suicidal as they thought about it being the end of the world on December 21, 2012.
All the information was there: on our End Of The World 2012 website and especially in our 2012 FAQ page and 2012 Blog. But people still wrote in and asked, "Is this really going to happen?", "Is it really the end of the world?" We could not keep up with the mail and so everyone got an auto response which answered this main question, plus other common 2012 end of the world questions. Particularly urgent emails received a personal reply. There were young mothers scared for their children and children and youth writing and saying they didn't want to die. Young people writing and saying they will never get to grow up and have families.
As well as distress calls we received a lot of abuse from people who had not read the clear message at the top of the website or clicked on the 'about' link on our Facebook Page. If they had, they would have read that we were DEBUNKING (NOT SUPPORTING) 2012 end of the world doomsday predictions and inviting people to find out why we did NOT believe they would come true. Whether these people were people who struggled to understand an English website or whether they were simply lazy and couldn't be bothered reading it or whether they were just abusive people looking for a cause to abuse, we don't really know... probably a combination of these and other reasons as well.
"FAIL" followed or preceded by four letter words was a regular comment we received together with vulgar and violent suggestions. These weren't just from children but adults who showed in their comments that they understood the English language and could therefore have understood our message if they had taken time to read it.
Early on, NASA were being accused of a coverup. Later, as December 21, 2012 drew near, thousands were turning to NASA for help. We certainly didn't get the numbers NASA did but we did have to regularly upgrade our bandwidth due to deactivation warnings from our web host. Our End Of The World 2012 site was at risk of being shut down at just the time it was most needed. We are thankful to some generous donors who offered support at our hour of need. Actually, accusations of making money off people's fears was a regular topic of abuse. No one took the time to consider or ask if we might be a non-profit group... which we are.
There were the most ridiculous emails and comments on our Facebook page with people even accusing the Mayans of creating panic and chaos!! This was a sign of how confused and ignorant people were over the 2012 end of the world precictions. The Mayans were actually very angry at how people had misrepresented their calendar which did NOT prophecy any end of the world doomsday!
When the dust had settled, our End Of The World 2012 website had received over 3.3 million visits from 211 nations. Over 350,000 of those came in just 28 days.... and just over 61,000 visited on December 21, 2012. Thankfully these were visits to the end of the world website and not emails or we really would have been in trouble. The End Of The World 2012 Facebook page was also busy with one post from the admin receiving over 500 Shares, over 1,000 likes and over 800 comments. At one time, there were over 20,000 people talking about this Facebook page which at it's peak was reaching over 450,000 people. So yeah, we were busy but it was for a good cause and we are so thankful to all the people who helped out by passing on links etc.
OK what do we do now that the end of the world 2012 predictions have 'predictably' failed? At this stage, we are going to keep an apocalyptic focus on end of the world predictions and theories. We will keep looking at real threats like asteroids, solar flares, natural disasters etc. We will continue to have a focus on Bible prophecy and we will continue to invite people to consider something more fearful than any end of the world doomsday prediction.
You will probably see a lot of changes over the next couple of months.
While the 2012 End Of The World video below was made for the 2012 predictions, it contains information that is still relevant for today such as the section on galactic alignments and solar flares.
There are many end of the world 2012 predictions. We will just identify a few.
1. There are 2012 predictions about ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE
- but is this December 21 2012 end of the world idea a result of too much time sitting in front of the box and not enough actual facts? And how did they come up with this end of the world 2012 doomsday prediction about an alien invasion? That said, stories of abductions and sightings come from all kinds of people it's hard to believe they are making it up. If real, are these aliens extraterrestrial beings from another planet or are these aliens from another dimension? And if aliens are coming in December 2012, what are their intentions? CLICK HERE
for some answers - they may surprise you. Or watch the video below for a brief intro.
2. What about the biblical PROPHECIES OF ARMAGEDDON
- we have already had two world wars, will the world end with the ultimate war between good and evil in the year 2012? This idea is different to other end of the world 2012 predictions as it involves biblical prophecies. Biblical prophecies have been right before. One example is the birth of Christ which fulfilled about 300 prophecies. Before Armageddon comes however (and December 21 2012 is not
predicted in the Bible as "Armageddon Day"), biblical prophecies speak of a great time of GREAT TRIBULATION on the earth. Having said that, the Bible not only prophecies about a battle of future Armageddon on earth but also earthquakes, floods, famine, disease, wars and rumours of wars which we are getting now!
There will be things happening in the heavens far beyond our control. These are not end of the world 2012 predictions. But the Bible does say God will use cosmic events as means of his judgement on earth before the final day of judgement. If there is an end of the world dooms day, that's it. But before that day, Revelation 16:21 speaks of catastrophic disasters like 50 kilo hailstones. Matthew 24:29 says, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the SUN be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:" But while the Bible speaks of judgment on earth before the ultimate "day of judgement", it also speaks of hope and describes very clearly how to escape the coming wrath. This is not about escaping any 2012 end of the world doomsday prediction... but something more fearful!
to read more about Armageddon
to read more about Bible prophecy
to read about escaping the wrath of God and why you need to
3. Then there are stories surfacing about SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENTS
along the lines of splitting the atom - will the earth be blown up by a mad scientist? Apparently there is an experiment on a very large scale planned for the year 2012. Should this be included in a list of 2012 predictions. Could this bring about an end of the world 2012 doomsday? In a long very tunnel, particle physicists plan to collide electrons and positrons (the opposite of electrons). The tunnel may be up to 50km long and they will use energies of up to a trillion electron volts. This will hurl these particles at close to the speed of light. No one knows what will happen if antimatter is created. Could it destroy a delicate balance in the universe? Will December 21 2012 end of the world predictions be fulfilled through scientific a experiment? We don't think so.
4. On an ancient MAYAN CALENDAR 2012 is an IMPORTANT DATE The Mayan Calendar runs out on December 21 2012 and it has been suggested that they knew something we don't. This is the basis of what has been called the Mayan calendar 2012 Prophecy. This "prophecy" has been referred to by many end of the world 2012 "prophets". However, because an ancient Mayan calendar ends on December 21 2012, does this mean 2012 is the end of the world? True, on the Mayan Calendar December 21, 2012 was an important date. But did the Mayans themselves really believe in an end of the world 2012 doomsday.
STRANGE MAYAN BELIEFS. While the Mayan's had some interesting beliefs and insights about life and the cosmos and while some of them reflect scientific observations today, there are other things you may not have heard of. For example, the Mayans also believed that our sun is a god powered by blood from human sacrifices - this and other beliefs were influenced by hallucinogenic drugs which were used, among other things for autosacrifices (yes, suicide). So be careful what you believe about Mayan calendars.
to read more about the Mayan calendar
5. A very real possibility is DISEASE - we have seen how quickly it can spread and devastate human life on earth. And there has been talk of the threat of pandemics for several years now. Including the recent Swine Flu pandemic. But is it reasonable to say that the world will end this way on exactly December 21 2012 with an earth wide pandemic? No!
6. Will SOLAR FLARES bring about a December 21 2012 end of the world doomsday? Solar flares are near the top of the list for 2012 predictions. Solar flares seem to come in cycles and NASA had said that the sun was due for a big one around 2012. Some now say 2013. How big and if it will really happen or bring about an end of the world 2012 doomsday are unknown. What we do know is that our life on earth is deeply affected by the activity of the sun. And as mentioned in the section above on Armageddon, the sun WILL play a role in end time biblical judgments on the earth. However, while solar flares and other solar activity may affect us more in 2012 than other years, no one can predict that solar activity will bring about the end of the world on December 21 2012 doomsday.
CLICK HERE to read more...
7. BIOLOGICAL WARFARE has been included among some 2012 predictions as a means to earth's end. But again, how can one predict that a 2012 end of the world doomsday from this! Especially that biological weapons will end the world on exactly December 21 2012? The threat of biological warfare will always be here as long as we have insane and / or hateful world control freaks. However, biological warfare cannot be seriously considered as and end of the world 2012 doomsday prophecy, let alone the exact date of December 21 2012. This must be seen as scaremongering and not worthy of attention
8. One of the end of the world 2012 predictions is for a GIANT METEOR OR ASTEROID to destroy the earth. Meteors have struck the earth before and caused great devastation.
Could a giant asteroid collision bring about a 2012 end of the world doomsday? Some predict we are overdue for a strike and give 2012 as a possible date for a giant meteor strike on earth. The biggest threat NASA have identified is an asteroid named Apophis. However it is not coming on an end of the world December 21 2012 doomsday and is currently on a Level 0 on the Torino Scale. It will pass close in 2029 with a probability for impact on April 13, 2036 calculated at 1 in 45,000. Asteroid threats still remain. Worth thinking about is Bible prophecy about 50 kilo hail stones and stars falling the sky, but not in 2012. CLICK HERE for more on this.
9. Others believe that a mysterious red planet, PLANET X: NIBIRU,
two thirds earth's size, is heading towards earth right now and will pass through our solar system around 2012 causing polar axis shifts on earth. Some say that polar shift takes thousands of years. Others say that Nibiru's presence will cause polar shift to happen quickly.
Nibiru (Planet X - the red planet) is one of the biggest December 21 end of the world 2012 predictions. Some claim that Nibiru is one of twelve planets in our solar system and that it cannot be seen at the moment because it is hidden by other planets. To find out more about Nibiru and whether it will come near or strike earth in 2012,CLICK HERE(text version - scroll down to see the section on Nibiru)or CLICK HERE
to watch a video about Nibiru.
10. Planet X has also been linked to some VAGUE prophecies (or quatrains). Some say that for NOSTRADAMUS 2012 end of the world predictions are true. However, more than once Nostradamus predictions have been "tweaked" to fit with world catastrophes. How do we know that end of the world 2012 predictions involving Nostradamus are to be trusted. Nostradamus was a clever man but was he also a prophet? CLICK HERE to read, "Nostradamus - Prophet or Pretender?
11. GALACTIC ALIGNMENT. Galactic Alignment is when the sun is in position between the earth and the black hole in the centre of the Milky Way galaxy. Our solar system is part of that galaxy. One of the end of the world 2012 theories is that this galactic alignment in 2012 is going to bring all kinds of natural and even cosmic disasters on earth. They believe that when the sun and earth become aligned with the black hole in the centre of the Milky Way galaxy, this will bring about the end of the world in 2012 because it will somehow create an extra gravitational pull on Earth. There is also another theory associated with galactic alignment that has to do with evolutionary enlightenment. To watch our video response to this end of the world galactic alignment theory, CLICK HERE. You can read a written response on the same page.
NEW! You can now read the webmasters personal 2012 predictions.
Will each of the end of the world 2012 predictions and prophecies end up being like other failed prophecies and predictions about the end of the world?
THE ULITMATE ANSWER:
As with the test of any true prophecy or prediction, time will tell.
Having said that, this website does NOT believe that any predictions about an end of the world 2012 doomsday for the earth are true. Even biblical prophecies about the end of the world do not give a 2012 end of the world date. In fact, no specific expiry date for earth is even suggested. What the Bible does say however is that you will be able to see a sequence of events that will lead up to the world's destruction. This includes an increase in "natural" and "man-made" disasters (which you can read about in the papers). Accoring to Bible prophecy, ALL life on earth will come to the edge of extinction! This is before something even more fearful than any December 21 2012 doomsday prediction will happen.
Biblical prophecies state clearly that we will NOT know the time. They do NOT contain any end of the world 2012 predictions. But they DO say that THERE WILL BE AN END TO THIS WORLD and that, SUDDEN DESTRUCTION WILL COME LIKE A THIEF I THE NIGHT! "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:3).
Finally, while we believe that.....
(a) it is wise to consider reasonable potential causes of world wide catastrophes and that
(b) any perceived threats from solar flares, other planets, metors, nuclear war etc, must be seriously and responsibly investigated and that
(c) we should all do our part to "save the world".....
(d) if you a Christian, meditate on this verse from Jeremiah 10:2 "Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them."
....we also believe that there is something
more fearful than any
December 21 2012 Doomsday prediction
To find out more